Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Back to Business!

After a long, and undeserved break of around 3 months, I am back to self-studying Japanese! Unfortunately, since I gave my studying the cold shoulder for the summer months, I am extremely rusty and I regret putting it off for so long.

For instance, I just spent over an hour and a half reviewing my kanji! I haven't even started vocabulary let alone review my already learned Genki chapters. Although I have started reviewing, I still have a ways to go before I catch up to where I left off.

So moral of the story here; Don't allow yourself a vacation from studying! Squeeze it in there no matter what.

Don't give me the whole, I don't have any time shpeal, because I already tried that. I mean, I have a full time job, go to school full time and am currently head of the household (temporarily, but whatever), and I used to cry about not having enough time to study Japanese. What I realized I needed to do was cut down on my laying around watching tv time (which I prefer to call my relaxation time between homework, school, and work, but most people just call it being lazy).

So, I have less time to relax. So what? I'll get over it. And trust me, if I can do it, so can you!

4 comments:

  1. The most important thing is not to give up! So you can just come back anytime and start to study again. If you ever find something interesting in your life, don't forget about Japanese,ne! And don't take it too seriously but have fun with it! 頑張れ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. がんばって! :D
    I think the best thing is to take your breaks *in* Japanese. So watch some anime and stuff instead of American TV if you're too tired to actually study. Find the fun in your studies and you'll be surprised how much you get done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still studying, I actually started taking classes! I just have gotten incredibly lazy about posting ^_^;;

    ReplyDelete