Friday, January 1, 2010

The Beginning

It's all gotta start somewhere right?

My name is Kelly and this is my journey.

About Me:
One girl and one Japanese obsession might be a more accurate title for my blog, but I can't make myself sound so desperate! For several years now I have appreciated the Japanese history, culture and language, quickly turning related activities from hobby's into habits. It is now an undeniable part of my life, and not likely to stop being that way. I've come to turns with that concept, and find no other way to cope with such a fascination than to make it apart of a future career. I plan, or more ambitiously, will become a Japanese-English interpretor.

I'm quite a ways from that ambition, but it's the journey in between that makes the end worth the while. To get there from where I am will take several years and it will take me to many different places. From where I am now, I have yet another year till I achieve my Associates degree. From there I transfer to the Florida International University to major in Asian Studies and receive a certificate in Japanese studies. After I graduate with my bachelors I plan on putting my preferred career on hiatus and apply as a English assistant teacher in Japan! The JET Programme is my first choice, but whatever gets me there is good to me. It will not only improve my fluency in the language but my general knowledge of the Japanese will undoubtedly increase significantly. So there I will remain for however many years, who knows how much at this point, but whenever I see fit I will finish that job and at long last become an interpretor.

More close to home, I am an ordinary college student with an extraordinary passion. Of course I have other interests and hobby's but that's not what this blog is about now is it?


2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I think we have a lot in common, so I definitely look forward to reading your blog. Good luck with everything, from this blog to your Japanese studies, to your future life in Japan! がんばってね!^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I also look forward to reading your blog! You seem to be farther along than I am; I'm a newbie to the language actually. But other than that, I've also had a passion for the country/culture for quite some time!

    ありがとお!^^

    ReplyDelete